Construction of the tyre company in Debica commenced in 1937, and two years later they manufactured their first tyre. Over 50 years later, in 1991, a turning point in the company's history occurred when the first stage of the privatization process was initiated. Milestones of this process have been the transformation of the then state enterprise into a company with sole state participation and the first quotation of the company's securities on the Warsaw Stock Exchange on November 24, 1994. The privatization process culminated on December 2, 1995, when a strategic investor. The Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Company, bought a package T.C. Debica S.A. shares. A later investment made Goodyear the majority stockholder with a 50.79% share holding.