Matador MP 16 Stella 2
New summer tyre tread, expanding the offer of tyres for lower and medium class cars, with an asymmetric pattern of a timeless design, reflecting the latest trends and knowledge in the tyre treads development.
Compared to the previous MP15 tyre, the boundaries in the area of safety and comfort have been significantly shifted. The decreased level of noise positively influences comfort, while the new shape, mixture and configuration mean a higher lifetime.
Due to different properties, the pattern is divided into the inside and outside parts. The task of the outside part is the maximum transfer of forces during acceleration, deceleration and drive direction changes. For this reason, the outside part is composed of more massive pattern blocks with a higher share of the material in the area of the tyre trace. The inside part is composed of blocks of smaller widths with larger grooves that provide for water drainage from the central zone, which improves the road contact on wet surfaces, thus allowing a safe transfer of propelling and brake forces.
The tyre tread uses a new technology - VOC FREE – of the preparation of an ecological silicone tread mixture with a low rolling resistance and a high adhesion to both dry and wet roads. The mixture includes an applied salinization activator of a new generation, which ensures lower VOC (volatile organic compounds, e.g. alcohols) emissions compliant with EU standards, an ecological RAE-type plasticizer, and it also uses a new high-efficient processing admixture, which in combination with the salinization activator significantly lowers the rolling resistance of the tyres.
Noisiness is decreased using a different layout of pattern inserts of the outside and inside parts and due to the shape of pattern blocks, designed taking into account the comfort and rigidity of the tyre tread.
The design of the sidewall is made in a plastic way in a combination of soft shapes, allowing the characteristic features and the group of information elements to come out, which offer the customer information about the lifetime development and the position of the tyre tread on a vehicle. The in-pattern indicator informs about the remaining status of the pattern depth.
Tyre tread element features
Asymmetric tread design
Outer section of the tread
- wider tread blocks with narrow cross grooves improve safety in curves and sudden changes of direction with positive effect on braking abilities
- shoulder reinforced by full band improves the axial force transfer capability
Inner section of the tread
- narrow tread blocks in combination with wider cross grooves with positive impact on performance and safety on wet road surface.
Straight circumferential grooves´
- ensuring quick removal of water from tread and excellent stability
- position of the three straight circumferential grooves is optimized to reduce the risk of aquaplaning
- different angles of the outer circumferential groove walls are designed to improve the transfer of forces in axial direction
Split circumferential band of the outer segment
- the band is interrupted by narrow, enclosed grooves ensuring good rolling resistance, while maintaining high rigidity enabling excellent transfer of axial forces
System of lamellas
- break the film between wet surface and tyre tread thus contributing to improved safety during braking and changes of driving direction under adverse weather conditions.
- STOP indicator informing the driver about approaching end of tyre life
- safety wear indicator, 3x circumferential indicator of the groove depth, informing the driver on current condition of the tyre tread, warning the driver to adjust the driving style to the condition of the tyre tread.