Matador MP 59 Nordicca
The third generation of winter tyre tread for passenger cars is solved asymmetrically and the tyre tread pattern is the result of searching for the optimal shape while considering the complex requirements for HIGH PERFORMANCE winter tyre treads for driving in European conditions. Compared to its predecessor, the MP 59 tyre tread is developed with increased emphasis on safe driving in difficult conditions, steady performance on all surfaces, as well as maximum comfort and pleasure from driving. Apart from increased gripping properties on snow and ice, the new generation of 3-D lamellas also guarantees perfect all-directional locking during transfer of cross and breaking power, and thus significantly increases the stability and rigidity of tread pattern blocks during transfers of load on dry surface.
Description and function of the tyre tread pattern elements
Tyre tread pattern MP 59 - NORDICCA is an asymmetric type of winter heavy duty tyre tread pattern designated for passenger cars.
It has excellent gripping and breaking properties on snow, uncompromising driving properties and maximum performance on wet and dry surfaces. It is created with an emphasis toward safe driving in difficult conditions and also maximum driving comfort.
1. Outer zone
- The part most used when driving; it consists of hard, maximally rigid blocks to provide stability and handling
2. Inner zone
- Significantly increased gripping on snow
- Provides safe driving on wet surfaces
3. Four broad circumferential grooves
- Uncompromisingly keep driving direction on every surface
- Optimal arrangement of grooves of different shapes guarantees good draining of water and at the same time increases gripping properties on snow
4. Cross grooves
- Have tangential direction to provide the best possible gripping on snow
- Gradational breadth to increase gripping effect
- Optimizing solution for inner and outer zones with different breadth of blocks significantly reduces noise created by tread pattern
6. New generation of lamellas
- During transfer of cross and breaking powers the tread pattern blocks are locked in all directions and thus guarantee stability and rigidity
- During transfer of driving gripping powers the blocks are opened and thus create sufficient gripping edges